Friday, March 8, 2013

MANathon: week two


This week I ran a totally of 18.5 miles in two runs. The run on Wednesday was for 6.25 and was indoors. The second was out side for 12.2 which is from my house in Provo to the Springville museum and back. What a beautiful day it was on Saturday to run.

I learned a couple things out this week about my running. First music helps to go a lot faster. Or maybe not running 50 laps in a gym helps me go faster. All around Saturday was a lot more enjoyable. I ran Wednesday in 46 minutes and sat in 97 minutes.

I also realized that runners high, although great, might not be the best. People have described it as you can "go as far as you want after you hit it" or "it’s amazing cuz you don't feel a thing" I don't feel think that is the case. I feel like I have hit runners high when above the shoulder is oblivious to what is happen below them. After mile 3 I will stop breathing as much, which leads to my side ache, and just keep shuffling my feet. When I realize what I am doing I remind myself to breath deep and to take longer strides.

Last thing that I realized is that “having the lungs” isn't going to be the hardest thing. I feel like I can convince myself to keep going. It’s the way my muscles that make me feel like it’s hard. 9 miles in and my legs kill and that is when I start shuffling my feet. I really need to runner more than just twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment